Artist(s): Max Maven, Eugene Burger
Produced by: L&L Publishing
Running Time(s): Volume 1-1 Hour 9 Minutes, Volume 2-57 Minutes, Volume 3-55 Minutes
Includes exclusive bonus photo gallery not contained on video release
Volume One - Parlor Mentalism
It's done under what can be the most difficult conditions: performing for a medium - sized audience with no formal stage setting to focus attention. Sightlines are often poor, and people must be drawn into the experience even if they can't see everything clearly. Too, you may be working surrounded, so you'd better be sure there are no angle problems. And, as it's likely to be a social occasion filled with potential distractions, your material needs to be compelling from the very first moment: intriguing presentations that build to powerful conclusions. This video features a range of commercial Parlor Mentalism. No pre-show work, no secret assistance; this is practical material for the solo performer, using subtle and unusual methods that are as fascinating as the effects they produce. You'll learn:
- The Mockingbird - A sampling from the fabled "Birds of Prey" series. At its core, an inexplicable demonstration of playing card telepathy - but you'll discover how audience participation and an unfolding plot structure can transform an already strong effect into a full - fledged routine.
- Autome - An extraordinary book test using plain, ungimmicked props under the fairest conditions. This is a remarkable routine in and of itself, but it also introduces principles for which you'll find a host of other uses.
- Divine Write - (Previously Unrevealed): Mutual mentalism with built - in appeal. The performer tries an imposing experiment in clairvoyance, working simultaneously with a member of the audience. Despite the overwhelming odds, the outcome is successful for both!
- Zenvelopes: - A test of intuition using several participants and a number of ESP symbol cards hidden inside opaque envelopes. These are thoroughly mixed by the spectators, who then pair them off by playing their hunches. When the contents are examined, all the symbols have matched perfectly.
- Kurotsuke - (Previously Unrevealed) An ancient game from the imperial court of Japan is turned into a delightful routine of stand - up mentalism that lets several people get involved. And, best of all, it can be done entirely impromptu using only borrowed materials.
- The Mind's Eye Deck - A pack of some 40 design cards is used. Each one is different, and the deck is shuffled. While the performer's back is turned, a spectator removes a card. Without turning around, the mentalist starts describing the thought - of design, eventually drawing it on a pad of paper. It's as straightforward as that.
In the world of magic, the secret is told when the trick is sold. Accordingly, Magic Inc. has a strict no-refund policy. Thus, once you receive an item, you have access to the secrets included, and that is not something that we can get back from you. For this reason, we do not issue refunds and we do not exchange product that is in working order. However, if the merchandise should be defective, we will gladly replace it with a non-defective version of the same trick. No exceptions.
Merchandise to shipped to customers in the continental United States is shipped via United States Postal Service (USPS) or United Parcel Service Ground (UPS), whenever possible. Merchandise to customers in Alaska and Hawaii is shipped via USPS. Overnight shipping may be requested. You will be charged for the exact cost of the shipping and a small handling fee.
Our website gives you a shipping quote based on the cost of your purchase. We normally adjust the shipping charges to more accurately reflect the cost of shipping, as long as we can ship your purchase for an amount smaller than that quoted.
For shipping outside the United States, charges for international orders are based on the weight and size of your order and will be calculated at the time of shipping. You will be charged the actual postage, plus a small handling fee. Merchandise to international customers is shipped via United States Postal Services (via International Priority Mail).