Clue and Other Mysteries by Jack Yates - Book
Jack Yates is renowned as a creative innovator as evidenced by his many contributions to magical literature. This hardbound book contains nine first-class routines with a mental flavour including Clue which is worth its weight in gold and the P&S System.
- Monty: Three spectators choose one card each and then exchange them so that no one has his original selection. Despite this you are able to tell each spectator the identity of the card he now holds.
- Spy Story: A spectator's selected card is revealed when the performer magically decodes a secret message.
- Choice: A spectator chooses one of twelve objects. You don't see him do this but you are always able to tell him which object he chose. This can be immediately repeated with a second spectator and a different object.
- I Yates: The performer gives the spectator an I Ching reading and manages to predict whatever the fates have in store for her.
- Winston: A spectator is handed a small envelope which he places in his pocket. From a shuffled deck a card is freely selected. The envelope is opened and inside is a duplicate of the spectator's selected card.
- P & S System: A system for simulated mindreading.
- Magi: A self-working effect with four cards bearing the letters M, A, G, I.
- Revelation ESP: Five spectators are asked to merely think of an ESP symbol. Without looking at the faces of any of the cards the performer is able to identify each mentally chosen symbol in a very convincing manner.
- Clue: The professor has invited six guests to a dinner party. They are a strange group of people. Three of the guests have histories of brain damage which prevents them being able to answer any questions honestly. In other words they cannot help but lie. The remaining three have just the opposite affliction; when questioned they cannot help but tell the truth no matter how unpleasant the consequences for themselves. It was during the dinner party that the lights suddenly failed and in the darkness the professor was fatally stabbed. The lights come on again and the horrified guests discover the professor's body, his head face down in the mashed potatoes. In no time at all the world's greatest detective is on the scene. He discovers the strange malady that affects the guest but who is who? The detective, whose name I omitted, is yourself and with the aid of six spectators you reconstruct the case and uncover the murderer.
- Last Words
In the world of magic, the secret is told when the trick is sold. Accordingly, Magic Inc. has a strict no-refund policy. Thus, once you receive an item, you have access to the secrets included, and that is not something that we can get back from you. For this reason, we do not issue refunds and we do not exchange product that is in working order. However, if the merchandise should be defective, we will gladly replace it with a non-defective version of the same trick. No exceptions.
Merchandise to shipped to customers in the continental United States is shipped via United States Postal Service (USPS) or United Parcel Service Ground (UPS), whenever possible. Merchandise to customers in Alaska and Hawaii is shipped via USPS. Overnight shipping may be requested. You will be charged for the exact cost of the shipping and a small handling fee.
Our website gives you a shipping quote based on the cost of your purchase. We normally adjust the shipping charges to more accurately reflect the cost of shipping, as long as we can ship your purchase for an amount smaller than that quoted.
For shipping outside the United States, charges for international orders are based on the weight and size of your order and will be calculated at the time of shipping. You will be charged the actual postage, plus a small handling fee. Merchandise to international customers is shipped via United States Postal Services (via International Priority Mail).